- The information provided below is for general information purposes only and is provided by Du Val. While Du Val endeavours to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website or supplied to you, for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. You need to make your own enquiries to determine if the information or products are appropriate for your intended use.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website or your interaction with us.
- Through your engagement with us you may be directed or presented with a link to other websites or entities which are not under the control of Du Val. It must be noted that Du Val has no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites or related entities. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Du Val takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond its control.
- We will only collect your personal information (including, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number, and postal address) that is necessary, when you engage with us. The types of personal information we collect will depend on your relationship with Du Val. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
- We may also collect information to fulfil administrative functions associated with our services, for example billing, entering into contracts with you and/or third parties and managing client relationships.
- When you interact with us, we may use automated technology (such as usage monitoring software, cookies, and sessions) to collect and store certain information about your visit. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information.
- We may process your personal information as part of a contract that we have with you or an entity you represent (including any co-funded service offered by us), and processing is either necessary to carry out that contract, or you have asked us to take specific steps to do so before we enter into that contract.
- The purposes for which we may use and disclose your personal information will depend on the services we are providing you or the purposes for which we are interacting with you.
- We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 or required by law. We may use your personal information to:
- communicate with you;
- engage you as our client, including verifying your identity and the identity of any other authorised person (as defined in our Terms and Conditions);
- to provide our services including third party integrated services;
- to carrying out your instructions, and administering your account;
- analyse usage of this website and your interaction with us;
- conduct marketing and promotional activities;
- for our internal research, development, and the optimisation of our services;
- provide you with further information, news, marketing, and promotional material; and
- improve the content of this website and to customise this website to your preferences.
- We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. Your personal information will be made available internally for the above purposes and we will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless you have given us prior approval. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to our using and disclosing of your personal information in the manner set out above.
- If you do not want to receive marketing communications, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
- If you are participating in an event, we are managing or delivering, we may take images or audio-visual recordings which identify you.
- We may provide your personal information to our employees, related companies, contractors, advisors, agents regulators, exchanges, courts, service providers and other third-parties (including financial institutions), where permitted or we believe this is appropriate to help us with any of the purposes we have outlined above. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that those recipients do not use that personal information for any other purpose.
- We will only use or disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you:
- for the above-mentioned purposes;
- if you have authorised us to do so;
- if we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- if we are authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
- We will retain information that we collect about you only for as long as it is reasonably required to undertake the purposes for which that information was collected.
- Any personal information collected is held by the Du Val Group. We will take reasonable efforts to protect personal information that is held by us from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. While we take reasonable measures, we cannot completely ensure or promise the security of any information we collect from you.
- If we become aware of a personal data breach related to our processing of personal data, we will notify you as soon as possible.
- This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or for the manner in which those websites collect, hold, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When visiting a third-party website from hyperlinks displayed on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide will be will collected, held, used and distributed.
- You may request access to, or correction of, any personal information we hold about you by contacting our head office at 8 Lakewood Court, Manukau City Centre, Auckland 2104.
- To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.
- You may make a complaint about privacy to the Privacy Officer at the contact details set out below.
- The Privacy Officer will first consider your complaint to determine whether there are simple or immediate steps which can be taken to resolve the complaint. We will generally respond to your complaint within a week.
- If your complaint requires more detailed consideration or investigation, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within a week and endeavour to complete our investigation into your complaint promptly. We may ask you to provide further information about your complaint and the outcome you are seeking. We will then typically gather relevant facts, locate and review relevant documents and speak with individuals involved.
- In most cases, we will investigate and respond to a complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex or our investigation may take longer, we will let you know.
- If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or you consider that we may have breached the Privacy Act, a complaint may be made to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
STORAGE AND SECURITY
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT
- A cookie originates from the website a user is on and will contain the users preferences on that website. It is a small file that is from a web server and stored in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future the cookie data can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity.
- If you accept the cookies on our website, we will not access to your computer or personal information stored on your device.
- if you choose to set your browser to not accept cookies, you may experience some loss in functionality on the website.
- If you would like more information in respect of cookies in your web browser settings, check out this link: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
The contact details for Du Val are as follows:
Du Val’s Privacy Officer